Are you an UrbanMom? Our UrbanMom spotlight features every day British Columbia Moms who are raising their children and come from all walks of life from new moms to moms with tots or even teenagers.
Meet our featured Mom Lena, mother of 3 year old Jamie
1. What is the best part about being a mom?
I love that I’m able to enjoy my daughter’s activities without people judging me…It’s great to feel like a kid again!
2. What is your favourite activity to do with your child?
We love singing our favourite songs; doing crafts; painting our nails; and watching movies.
3. What is your favourite television show?
Definitely Modern Family. It’s so hilarious, but heartfelt.
4. What is one product or service you can’t live without?
The Internet. It helps me connect with family and friends.
5. Do you work? If so, where and what do you do?
I was working full-time as Pharmacy Assistant and feeling torn not being able to spend quality time with my daughter. So I started a home-based business Jamie Lemi Co. selling handmade diaper cakes. (www.jamielemi.com)
6. Any advice for balancing work and being a mom?
Working and raising children at the same time is very challenging. For me, I found it difficult to find a balance between earning an income, building a career and spending time with my child. As a mom, you need to make a career decision that feels right for you and do something that you are passionate about.