Are you an UrbanMom? Our UrbanMom spotlight features every day British Columbia Moms who are raising their children and come from all walks of life from new moms to moms with tots or even teenagers. Meet our featured Mom Allison, mother of 20 month old Amelita.
1) The best part of about being a Mom? The best part of being a Mom is waking up in the morning knowing that each day will be chalk full of joyful moments and new adventures.
2) What is your favorite activity to do with your child? Our favourite activities are always outside. Amelita absolutely loves our new front-riding baby BOBIKE seat; stroller runs with our run group; hiking and of course the park.
3) What is your favorite television show? We don’t watch a huge amount of TV, however we just finished watching Breaking Bad.
4) What is the last book you’ve read? I just finished reading The Happiest Toddler on the Block. For Amelita, the method described works wonders and prevents melt downs instantly.
5) What is one product or service you can’t live without? As a running coach who brings my baby to work with me, I could not live without my BOB Ironman Stroller. It’s light and agile. I can get groceries on the way home and even fit on the bus
6) How do you file some Mommy Time? When faced with some pretty nasty injuries, I spend at least a half an hour each day stretching and doing ball release work. When I am pushing Amelita in her stroller, I consider that my mommy time too. I also relish the time I spent putting Amelita to bed because then I can whip out my Kobo.